Setting up Sharepoint Search Service:

While trying to configure SSP (shared services provider) i kept getting a ‘no indexer error’. So of i went to set up a search services on MOSS 2007 when i got an annoying ‘An unhandled exception occurred in the user interface.Exception Information: OSearch (AccountName)’ error.

Simple solution involved putting the DOMAIN NAME before the account name. Microsoft user experience continues to frustrate :(. I must credit the following blog for the solution

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s